Friday, January 20, 2012

Hey again here's another tutorial/log on what I’ve done
This time we are going to be making a witches hat I had forgotten how to do this so it may be a bit of a weird way of making the hat. But first I went and got a cone and I deleted the bottom I just selected it and deleted it.
Then I went and made a nurbs cylinder and deleted the sides and the top so that all I had was the bottom circle I then put that under the cone that I had set in the middle on the grid by using the attribute editor like I did in my earlier tutorial/log.


Then I pressed the space bar and went to the top view and right clicked on the new circle I made from the cylinder then clicked on the control Vertex and grabbed the middle and took out all of the Vertex one at a time so I had this



Then I counted up the vertex points and went back to the cone and into the attribute editor and went to MakeNurbCone1 and into cone history and down to sections and changed it to 20 since there where 20 vertex points in the middle of the cylinder/circle, I’ve got to say this took me a bit to do I was stuck for a few mins around this point adding up how and what I’d do J.
Anyway back to the log/tutorial then I went back to the circle/cylinder and moved the points in the top view that we where on to the coordinating points on the cone around the base like this


Remember to bring all the points back I almost missed this the first time I went through it as you can see in the screen-shot above the screen-shot below shows it with all the points in more or less the right place.


And there we have it a witch’s hat all you have to do now is combind the cone and the remains of the cylinder.


I hope you liked the log/tutorial I will have another up soon about me rigging the hat so that it can move a bit as though from a gust of wind see you on the next log

No comments:

Post a Comment