Friday, January 20, 2012

Hey again this is the promised log/tutorial on how to rig the witch's hat I made so that it can be moved so that it looks like it’s moving because of the wind so first I'll open up my witch's hat I've already made 


then I’ll press space and go to the side view and open that up to the full display then I’ll change the main menu bar to animation so that I can get to the joints menu and go to skeleton and joint toll like it did in the cable log/tutorial and make some joints from the bottom of the cone to the top around about 4 or 5.



Then I will slect both the cone and the joints that I just made (remember to make sure they are in the middle of the cone) and the go to the skin menu on the main menu bar and to bind skin and down to rigid bind I do this because I want the hat not to move around when I move the joints



Like so the bottom of the cone hasn't moved just the top around the joint I moved smooth bind that I have a tendency to use would have moved the entire cone not just the bits near the joint I moved.
So there we had the cone moving now for the base of the hat for this I'm going to try make a few joint a around 8 points around the hat I'm not totally sure how I'm going to do this and how well it will work :)

So first of all go again into the top view if you're not already there (you can do it from other view but this is the way I did it and its a lot easier) and go to the joint tool and create almost a a full ring around the cone on the cylinders side then on the last one go to the tool-bar just under the main menu bar and click on snap to point this button if you can't find it




Then click on the first joint you made and you should get a circle of joints like this



After that you should start making lines of joints like this



You can do this by going to the joint tool and clicking on an existing joint then make the new joints they will be connected I’d do this around the full hat around about every 2 spans



There's mine hope yours is something like that you can do more than 2 joints to the outer side of the circle but I've only done 2 for this one.
Then I went and got all the joints I just made and smooth binded them to the circle you can manipulate the hat to do some things the only problem is it could have used more joints between the outer and inner circle and a main joint point because the circle of joints moves the full hat rather than just bits of it you could paint the influence and get rid of this later.
Here's the finished product though 



Anyway hope you liked them log/tutorial hopefully I'll have time to fine tune this and put the final hat up on the blog so that's the end see you more on the next post see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment